Wednesday 9 November 2011

Frankfurt Modern Art Museum

I wrote down some notes from my trip to Frankfurt modern art museum and today I decided to bring them out of the notebook. These are some of the artists/works that pleased me.

Thomas Bayrle. Overjoyed to have discovered him. His work caught my eye initially coz it looked like needlework which I had been doing in my Illustration course. I like how his art looks like a pretty pic from a distance and then when you take a closer look you realize it's rather more naughty.








Christopher Brech

I saw a film by him made in 1964 called Opus 110a. I have written down in my notes 'use of music choreographing in film'. Can't find any examples of it atm.




Alighiero Boetti

Who actually did use needlework. I like the colour usage the lettering and the random vastness. (at the risk of sounding like I am writing a-level art proj).





Arnulf Rainer

Luv a good portrait. Like his expressive and colourful work. Also think it's a frequently used style paint on photographs but this looks meaningful and original.





No comments:

Post a Comment