Sunday 9 October 2011

38-40

Summary
The past days have been a bit of a blur and quite a lot of work.

As it is an intensive course it is on the weekend aswell (!!!) it was quite weird going to col this morn. and on sat. And working a full day with a tutor who was there the whole time. It has been great and I already feel like my confidence in my work is growing and that I am actually doing work that I am enjoying working on.

I haven't got my scanner working yet so I will have to post my work on a later date when I can be bothered to work it. Tired timez.

Basically just been going into the studio and working and then going to various pubs. Today we went to 'Neue Heimat'. Yesterday we went to this really german german pub where we had a bit of a vocab swap which was fun. Beer and word fun.

The day before I went with my new friend to visit her studio. It's in an office block and they have rented out the room where quite a few people work and they have a photocopier, some printing stuff and paper cutting machine. Her and her friends who worked there had organised a talk with this guy who used to be a lecturer at the Uni but left and who is also super cool and their friend and so I went along to that. I could only understand bits of it but it was really interesting, basically about how he worked for this company and how he gradually became more confident and free with his work (very brief explanation).

The studio has a really good vibe and I thought it was a really cool thing that they had going so I am considering renting a space, maybe later on in the year if I stay a year (which I am thinking of doing). It is also under 40euro for a months rent there. Barg.


The talk in 'Der Raum' (the studio).


A work of his (^) that I loiked


Found this beaut on the street. Sign: 'zum mitnehmen' (to take).


No comments:

Post a Comment