Saturday 17 September 2011

17+18

Freitag
Normal day. Had Drinks with some of my german class friends (in german). We went to this place with lots of those little machines where you pay it 20 cents and then twist the knob and out pops something in varying amounts of kitschy and pointless. I love those things, i've already wasted €€€ on them. I still haven't bought a camera which is kind of silly but when I do I will go back. German learning is good but slow fanks.

Samstag
Olivia and I finally went to Frankfurt. It wasn't as shiny as I expected, in fact quite the opposite.

Went to:

The flee market.
Which was so so so great. I didn't buy a bike though, although it was only €20 coz we wanted to shop more. Thinking it's maybe easier to w8 until the Darmstadt one now. Whatevs.

I also cranked up my haggling skills and grabbed shoes (5 from TEN ahaha) and a jumper. I wanted to buy everything but i'm trying to maintain my new excess free lifestyle, which is already faltering slightly. 10 times better than Deptford Market and less competition.

Going to Frankfurt was nice because it generally made me feel like I wasn't so much in some random place in Germany away from everything else I am used to.

But,

It also made me realise that I have fully embraced small city lyf. I was really glad that we were going back to Darmstadt. Nice and cosy.

No comments:

Post a Comment