Monday 12 September 2011

Day 12/13 (- 2)

It was a beautiful day today.

Still going strong. Got back at about 2am last night like a true reb. Soberly staggered off the train grasping the extra possessions that I decided that I needed from my Switz home.

It's about a 3 hour journey from Basel to Frankfurt and the ICE bahn makes it so nice. Soooo business class. I still have only experienced Frankfurt at the Hauptbahnhof and the suspense of actually going outside the station doors is killing me. We might go tomorrow. I'm looking forward to once again inhaling dirty city air.

In the station: found a massive magazine shop open until midnight (on a sunday aswell) which was A.

When I got back to Luisenplatz it was a complete dead town. Little to no cars and maybe one person scuttling about. In a way it was actually more scary coming back here than in South London coz it's so DARK and silent. For some reason one of the most unnerving differences I have experienced so far.

Today: Bit tiring, quite hot. We had a meeting with Herr President, which, under the circumstances in which I must keep this blog, I have to say, was really interesting and insightful.

Anyway, we were made to have a group photo which consisted of everyone on Erasmus being led outside and made to stand in a circle and toss an inflatable globe between each other whilst a tall german woman with a nose piercing and bleach blonde hair stood in the middle of the circle ordering us to move around as if we were having a good time.

Then we were offered cake and tea on trays.

Felt a bit spesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment